SPONSOR THANK YOU’S
Thank you to our community partner the Binghamton Vet Center:
We are lucky to have this crucial resource for veterans in our community and Legal Aid is fortunate to be able to work with their wonderful staff on free legal programs to serve vets. Please stop at their table during today’s event to find out all that they do for our vets.
This race would not have been possible without the generosity and support of our sponsors:
Our Olympic sponsor and the name sponsor of our race:
The law firm of Coughlin & Gerhart: we particularly wish to recognize Mark Gorgos, Lars Mead, and Oliver Blaise for all of their help and support This firm always makes community service a top priority and this race is an example of their strong commitment to making our community the best place possible for all residents, even the economically disadvantaged. Coughlin & Gerhart was also chosen out of all mid-sized firms in NYS as this year’s winner of the 2019 President’s Pro Bono Service Award in recognition of their outstanding pro bono service.
We wish to also thank the following sponsors who help us year after year to make this event possible:
- Our radio sponsor: Magic 101.7 and Dana Potter
- Our music sponsor: DJ Russ the Big Guy
- Our after party sponsor: Galaxy Brewing Co.
- Our website sponsor: Jon Layish owner of Red Barn Technology Group and Hackerthreads
- Our awards sponsors: Confluence Running
- Our photography sponsor: Confluence Running
- Our advertizing sponsor: Rosanne Sall Advertizing
- Our food sponsors: Nezuntoz, Nirchi’s Weis, Wegmans
Thank you to WBNG & Kara Conrad, Channel 34 and Fox 40 for providing news coverage for our race.
Our Champion Sponsors:
- David Lebous & Subway Development Group
- Law office of F. Paul Battisti
- Law office of Feyi Gaji
- Mucci & Grace
- Orville & McDonald
- Our Racer sponsors
- Rosemarie Pope
- Law firm of Tully Rinckey
Our Runner sponsors
- Butler & Butler
- Max Champion
- Gitto & Niefer
- Levene Goulden & Thompson
- Paul Price
- Don Sukloff
- The following businesses:
- Harrington Acres
- Healing Elements Spa and Salon
- Koach Jen
- Modern Marketing Concepts
- Oliver Associates Legal Process
- Opportunities for Broome
- Raymond Corporation
- Riverwalk Athletic Club
- Teams of Runners and Walkers:
- The teams from Coughlin & Gerhart
- Team Sturek
- Road Scholars
- Team Roma
- The teams from SUNYBroome
- Team Sonic
- 5k planning committee:
- Gordon Allen, Matt Gawors, Lars Mead, Pam MacLaren, Josh Solomon, Kevin Yeager, Erin
- VanVleck, and Jennifer Woltjen
- Community volunteers Bill and Mary Gibson, Hollie Harrington, Larry Lebak and Eddie Swislosky
All of the Legal Aid Volunteers here today who also work daily to provide the best legal services possible for the low income residents in our community.
A very special thank you to our chip timers Andy Mushalla and Brian Cupp of Gazelle race timing!
And a very important thank you to our road marshals who will be directing traffic along the course: Professors Joseph Julian and Irene Byrnes and the students from SUNY Broome, and BU Red Cross Club
Thank you to the BPD, Officer Bill Lescault, and the staff of Superior Ambulance for being here to ensure our safety throughout today’s event. And finally thank you to our amazing emcees: Gordon Allen and Ron Lanouette who will now
get this show on the road....